Who does not like to have a great range of movie collections on their PC? And what better way to do that than torrenting. But whenever we talk about downloading torrents there are two names that pop-up in the conversation – Seedbox and VPN.
With the increase of online loss of personal data and many such incidents, it is important to use a tool to be safe while downloading torrents. Seedboxes or VPNs help in giving you protection as such.
However, there has been always an ongoing battle between the two especially when it comes to torrenting. So to clear your doubts let’s compare them and find out which one is the better choice for torrent downloads.
Before we jump in to establish a comparison between seedbox and VPN, we need to know what exactly is a seedbox. Well, it is a remotely hosted server that helps the users to download and upload huge digital files swiftly. But apart from that, it offers the users several other features that make them a hit among users.
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of a seedbox for a better outlook.
- The torrenting activity takes place entirely over the cloud. Thus, freeing up the storage space on your PC.
- Seedbox can run 24×7 without even turning on your PC.
- Users can stream media files directly from the seedbox server.
- It offers various apps such as Subsonic, Plex, etc that can be handy for you.
- It allows you to download and even upload huge-sized content at high-speed connectivity.
- It accelerates stable bandwidth connectivity.
- It maintains anonymity while uploading and downloading files.
- Offers varied plugins that would help users to manage their content. Plus, it also helps in organizing the downloads systematically.
- It requires a bit of a learning curve.
- Seedboxes with VPN services are not usually multiple locations wise.
A VPN or a Virtual Private Network is a server that is configured to provide encrypted connection on the internet. They act as an invisibility cloak and secures your tech home internet connection from being detected.
Let us find out the pros and cons of a VPN.
- Users can get a VPN at a relatively cheaper price.
- Users get the option of choosing multiple IP addresses.
- It has a super simple installation setup.
- VPN’s remain is unaffected by ISP throttling.
- Users need to stay connected to the VPN all the time.
- It does not provide any HDD space for seeding 24×7.
- Users will notice lowered bandwidth speed if you try torrenting with a VPN on.
Looking at the above pros and cons, we can rightly come to the conclusion that when it comes to torrenting, a seedbox is a right choice. Seedboxes have all the apt attributes that make them the most suitable choice for the torrenting purpose. So what are you waiting for? Get your seedbox now and enjoy an endless supply of High Definition movies.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login