- How long does it take to get a Germany student visa?
The dispensation time for a Germany study visa may take from 6-12 weeks from the application day. Meanwhile, Germany’s short-stay study visas are usually decided within 15-30 days by the German missions abroad.
- What are the essential documents for the Germany study visa?
The documents required for a student visa for Germany are:
- A well-accomplished application form
- A Valid passport
- Two passport size photographs
- Letter showing you’ve been acknowledged by a German university
- Transcription of your academic record
- Certificate of German language ability or proof that you plan on attending a language course in Germany
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself while living in Germany
- A certificate showing you’ve purchased health insurance
- Declaration of the authenticity of all the documents submitted
- Can you work while studying in Germany?
You can work up to 20 hours per week while studying in Germany. If you surpass this, you’ll be obligated to pay into the German social security system, and there could be an off-putting impact on your studies. Non-EU/EEA students are also allowed to work in Germany along with their studies, for 120 full days or 240 half days per year.
- Is it hard to study in Germany?
You may feel out of place while studying in Germany. This may happen because of language barriers. German is an extremely hard language to learn, with a very different grammatical construction than English.
Moreover, you cannot write the way you converse in German. There is a very particular cadence to writing in German, and it is inflexible and hard to learn that if you did not grow up writing the language.
And if you think you can survive in Germany by just knowing English I find it hard to break it to you, that you might have a dull social life. You may not be able to live the university life you have always wanted.
- Is studying in Germany expensive?
While many students can obtain their studies in Germany for free, living expenses are inevitable. The cost of living in Germany is more expensive in some areas than others – Munich, for instance, is considered the most pricey German city to subsist in, with living costs averaging about €12,000 per year. By contrast, the standard annual living costs in Germany are around €10,200.
Rent will be your largest monthly expenditure, though this is cheaper if you live in a shared flat (average rent of €280) or a student hall of residence (€234 per month).
- Which is the best German university for international students?
There is not one but a couple of universities that are popular among the international students who come to Germany for studies.
Some of the top German universities are:
- Technische Universität München
- Ludwig-Maximilians – Universität München
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
- KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Is Germany a safe choice for international students?
The overall safety in Germany is on the European standard. Also, if you reflect on international safety data, Germany has very low levels of crime. While crime in Germany may exist, it is generally fairly low and doesn’t offer a reason for worry or apprehension for international students.
The safest cities in Germany considering the safety indexes in the country (out of 100 possible total) are:
Munich – 84.26
Heidelberg – 84.08
Stuttgart – 75.40
Freiburg – 77.76
Law enforcement in Germany is resolute to make sure that safety for both citizens and foreigners is maintained. Speedy emergency response times from the police ensure that in the time of an emergency you will get the assistance you need in the shortest time possible.
- What are the benefits of studying in Germany?
Some of the perks of studying in Germany are:
- Exceptional higher education facilities, highly-qualified staff members and admirable infrastructure
- Internationally acknowledged degrees and study programs
- Study programs are taught in English
- Immense job opportunities
- An opportunity to discover all aspects of life in Germany and learn new languages.
If you think Germany is the suitable place for you to pursue your further studies, then wait no more and apply your Germany study visa with the assistance of one of the best study visa consultants in chandigarh, Western Overseas.