India is full of natural beauty – from Kashmir in the north to the backwaters of Kerala in the south, arid white sands of Kutch in the west and paddy fields of the seven sisters in the north-east. India is hardly a stranger to tourists from around the world. The beauty of this land has been sung about in numerous ancient songs and texts.
Here is a list of 9 amazing travel and road-trip ideas within India that will give foreign destinations a run for their money. However, you must make sure that you have road trip travel insurance before embarking on your journey.
- Goa – Every young individual in India dreams about visiting Goa with friends or family at least once in their lifetime. There are many reasons as to why Goa is such a popular destination. One reason is the sheer natural beauty it boasts of. It has picturesque beaches and beautiful Portuguese architecture that captivates the attention of the onlookers.
However, you must take care of the associated risks if you set out on a road trip to Goa by availing a road trip travel insurance online. Bajaj Finserv offers Pocket Insurance schemes like road trip travel insurance that provides you with the necessary financial assistance in case you encounter unwanted situations during the trip.
- Leh, Ladakh – A popular travel destination among the young enthusiasts of India. Riding on spiral roads, getting stuck in the middle of virtually nowhere and sleeping with the locals. It has all the ingredients of a perfect adventure trip. A bike ride through the treacherous yet rewarding road is the most popular way of visiting Ladakh. There are also jeeps available to cover the distance. Riders generally start their bikes from places like Delhi, Chandigarh and Manali. Rented Royal Enfield bikes are available in plenty for this trip. Maximise safety on the road by availing road trip travel insurance policy before commencing the trip.
- Mcleodganj trek- Situated in Himachal Pradesh, the trek attracts tourists from all over the world. The trek offers a majestic view of the Dhauladhar ranges in all its glory. Camp under a billion stars with nothing but the sound of silence, cold breeze and occasional cries of crickets to soothe your ears. If you are in for an experience that brings you truly close to nature, this is it. Call your friends, pack your rucksacks and get going. Make sure you know about all the safety tips for hiking before you begin the trek.
As these vacation plans are quite long, your home will stay empty for quite a while. Hence, buying a home insurance policy covers you financially from risks of theft while you are travelling. Home protection cover offered by Bajaj Finserv provides high-value coverage against theft/burglary while you are travelling.
- Coorg – A quick getaway from the corporate offices of Bangalore, Coorg is quite famous among road trip enthusiasts and hikers alike. It is considered one of the best trekking places in South India. Brahmagiri and Pushpagiri ranges are the most popular choices among veteran trekkers there. Many individuals refer to Coorg as the Scotland of India because of its breathtakingly beautiful coffee plantations. Do not forget to take your DSLR with you. Being such an expensive gadget, it is best to insure it with a DSLR camera insurance from Bajaj Finserv Pocket Insurance Schemes before going on such trips.
- Srinagar – Situated in J&K, it is known as the Gem of Kashmir. The state of Kashmir is generally referred to as ‘Heaven on Earth’. Imagine how beautiful its ‘Gem’ will be! Beautiful flower valleys, and the picturesque Dal Lake makes it nothing short of a beautiful dream. Insure your trip with road trip travel insurance before visiting Kashmir.
These are but only a few places among the numerous travel destinations in India. Insure yourself against unfortunate incidents and set out on an adventurous trip to the destination of your choice.